DSDN 101

DSDN 112

DSDN 141

DSDN 142

DSDN 144

DSDN 171

Thursday 23 August 2012

DSDN 142: Project 2

Structure and Noise

Final

For this project, we had to create a a form that entails an exploration of structure, processing it into noise. We had to learn and understand the difference and the relationship of structure and noise and incorporate this into our final images. For my final, I developed my idea of the sound waves of music subsuming it with structure and noise. I started off with little squares that were perfectly far apart from each other, same size and same colours. There were also hundreds of bigger squares with a blue stroke behind it to create the straight line going across. I have also added extra circles behind all of this to decorate it more, and to add texture. They aren't the main part of my form so I lowered the opacity of them quite a bit and is only clearly visible throughout the end. Moving right along to the second image, we can now recognize that it is a sound wave, comparing it back to the first image. The second one though is when the I started to slowly break up the form that it is in. But this stage is what I like to call 'the calm before the storm', simply because that's exactly what it looks like. 'The calm' is describing the part where it is structured, it is a constant beat without too many things going on. Leading onto the next image though however, is when we can notice a big difference between this one and the first 2. This is the start of 'the storm'. I blew up all the squares a lot bigger randomising the sizes and positions that they would go in. I then repeated this process with the last image too but now it is completely unrecognizable compared to the start of this process. This is, 'the storm'. I liked how the grey squares all layered on top of each other, and being that I made it so it has an opacity really did help with the effect. We can now see in the last image that the circles have appeared as well, adding to that texture of it. With the research that I have done, I did end up incorporating the colour blue to it, since it's the colour we recognize with music. I am very pleased with my final process, since it's something that looks awesome and something that makes sense to me and I can relate to. We look at the big picture and we can see that there is a song playing. It starts off with a calm and constant beat then all of a sudden it changes completely and the 'drop' (dub step reference) comes in.



No comments:

Post a Comment