DSDN 101

DSDN 112

DSDN 141

DSDN 142

DSDN 144

DSDN 171

Thursday 9 August 2012

DSDN 141: Project One

Final Images


With my first surface I chose to layer the paper really thickly almost the size of a short book. I then burnt each page, and got rid of the ash. This is what I came up with. I like how the pages turned into a different colour and looked more 3D, giving it an awesome surface to look at.  

My second experiment was simply cutting paper and shredding it. I chose to work with this surface because it really defined itself throughout the photo I have taken, giving it matching shadows and patterns. This is my favourite image and I have gotten good feedback from it during my presentation.

My last surface was me experimenting with paper and water. This is my version of the paper mache, once again layering the paper on top of each other whilst it's been soaked in water. This gave it a really cool surface where some of the paper looked like it had a lighter opacity than the rest, plus the random layers gave it a cool light effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment