DSDN 101

DSDN 112

DSDN 141

DSDN 142

DSDN 144

DSDN 171

Wednesday 1 August 2012

DSDN 112: Project One

Clay Controller Experiment


For my first experiment I chose to work with clay. I took an Xbox 360 controller and wrapped it in tin foil, then molded clay around the top half of the controller to get it's basic shape. I chose this type of controller because, well it's simply the best in the market! After a few days of waiting for it to dry (what a process) I removed it from the controller and tin foil and got the main shape that I was looking for. There were a few cons however, as you get with experiments. Parts of the clay had been cracked due to being a thin layer, and also the annoying time it takes to dry and harden. This can be resolved though, well I hope so. With my basic shape, I could easily add more clay to it and smoothen the surface to make it look neat, and also use a heater or a hair dryer to speed up the process of drying it. I made it hollow because I might add actual joysticks within it to make it function "like" a real controller.






No comments:

Post a Comment