DSDN 101

DSDN 112

DSDN 141

DSDN 142

DSDN 144

DSDN 171

Sunday 5 August 2012

DSDN 112: Project One

Proposal


Straight away I chose to do the sense "TOUCH" as I find it interesting to explore, plus I am able to incorporate other senses within my experiments at the same time. My plan is to build a maze that requires the user to run their finger through it, to get to the end. But there is a catch. The user is blindfolded, and the maze has several different types of materials inside. I have been experimenting with different types of materials already from my prototype model, and I have gotten feedback that the types of sandpaper are quite noticeable, which is a good thing since I am looking for a difference. The way I am building this is in order for the user to get to the end of the maze, they must follow a certain material, either soft sandpaper or wool etc. If they happen to stumble across another strange material like a rougher sandpaper or thumbtacks, then they definitely know they're going the wrong way. The further experiments I will conduct will involve what I can use to build the core of the maze. Also if there are more efficient than getting blindfolded, for example hiding the materials within the maze so it's noticeable to the naked eye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment