DSDN 101

DSDN 112

DSDN 141

DSDN 142

DSDN 144

DSDN 171

Sunday 19 August 2012

DSDN 112: Project 1

A-Maze-ing Textures

Exhibition Description:

This custom created maze is designed to focus solely on the ‘touch’ sense. The main idea behind my object is that the user needs to interact with it by only using their finger. In order to get through to the end of the maze, the user must stick to and feel the same texture on the maze and to use it as guidelines. By taking away our sight, all our other senses should improve, which makes it perfect for the textures I have added in to be more recognizable. I investigated different types of materials and discovered that sandpaper would be the most suitable to use since I am working with wood, it also has several different smoothness. My object involves a lot of concentration, since there are some tricky parts within my design which could either send the user back to the start, or end up in a loop. This experience could range to be a very enjoyable feeling of satisfaction in completing the maze. It can also lead to frustration, however. 














No comments:

Post a Comment