DSDN 101

DSDN 112

DSDN 141

DSDN 142

DSDN 144

DSDN 171

Thursday 23 August 2012

DSDN 142: Project 2

Structure and Noise

Research

I had a look on openprocessing.org to see if I could find further inspiration there. I found 2 java scripts that I thought were interesting and could possibly incorporate into my final. The first example that I looked at was called 'Nebula'. It was a 3D visualisation which warped and spun around within a frame. What captured my interest was the shapes and objects this person has used. It is actually quite structured, with different shades of the colour cyan ranging from shapes to create the true 3D effect and shadows. This gave me the idea of using basic squares within my process to create a structured image, which then blew up to something more noisy.

'Nebula' - http://www.openprocessing.org/sketch/1412

The second one I had a look at was called 'Abstract Interactive' and basically it starts off as a blank page/canvas and it requires the user to interact with it by clicking on it. Every time you click on it it creates wild lines spreading everywhere ranging from the colours pink, orange, yellow and blue. I proceeded to design what looked like a process for this project. The thing I liked about this one is that it keeps the same type of shape within one click of the mouse. This is demonstrated on the left hand side. On the right hand side I just went wild and dragged the mouse click all over it, which still kept the same shape but was layered on top of each other. We can definitely tell the difference and although it keeps the same shapes, one is definitely structured and one is noisier than the other.

'Abstract Interactive' - http://www.openprocessing.org/sketch/14231

No comments:

Post a Comment