DSDN 101

DSDN 112

DSDN 141

DSDN 142

DSDN 144

DSDN 171

Thursday 18 October 2012

DSDN 142

Project 3

Mouse Toy
Development

My idea is to develop my recent sketch so that it starts off with a black box with a singular square bouncing up and down. This square will be flashing with rainbow colours which look great and contrasted with the black background. Taking the idea from tetris and the original code from the tutorial, I want to spawn more squares randomly with an interaction. I started off by using the mousePressed function to click on the bouncing square so it can generate more squares, but that was far to hard as the object was too quick to be clicked on and processed. So I changed this to mouseMoved which simply means I just have to move the mouse cursor through the shape to create more shapes inside the box. 

The images below were my earlier experiments using just plain black and white colours to show how this exactly works. As you can see it starts off with only one, then as the cursor moves through it the more squares spawn and so on. In the end you're left with a very noisy box filled with white squares with no where to go. It didn't get laggy for a while however, but after a few seconds it started to slow itself down. I figured a way to fix this would be to either add a reset button, or find another solution.





No comments:

Post a Comment