DSDN 101

DSDN 112

DSDN 141

DSDN 142

DSDN 144

DSDN 171

Thursday 4 October 2012

DSDN 112: Project 2

Navigation Interface

Interim Presentation


For my interim presentation I combined 2 of my concept ideas, the iPhone app that showed the actual map and your exact locations and the other iPhone app that shows the street view. This idea is similar to  google maps but I've integrated it to suit the needs of a student in uni. So the first stage is the login screen, this pops up when you open up the app. This brings you to the sign-in screen where you can either use your custom username for the actual app, or to login with Facebook. I showed myself logging in to Facebook, entering my email and password. After logging in, we are brought to the main menu, with the list of contents there and my name with my Facebook profile pic showing. So the user then selects the 'Navigation' button and away we go. With the screenshots I have taken it is pretty self explanatory on how to use the app, as the instructions are on screen. It allows you to see your exact location, and then type a location for your desired destination. After the destination is selected, it will then appear on screen, with a red line from point A to point B showing the path to get there. Being it is an overhead map, it is pretty self explanatory as well on which way to walk, since your red avatar follows you everywhere. Once you get to your destination, you can then switch it on to "street view" and look at how the place looks like from inside straight from your phone. When in street view it also shows arrows going in directions where you can select and the map will follow. There are also other features I would like to add in my app like messaging within friends, and changing the theme colour. I will look at doing this for my final design.







No comments:

Post a Comment