DSDN 101

DSDN 112

DSDN 141

DSDN 142

DSDN 144

DSDN 171

Thursday 13 September 2012

DSDN 112: Project 2

Navigation Interface
Research

Concept 3

For my last concept, I got my inspiration from the movie 'Total Recall' (2012 version). This movie is set in the future, so this idea will have to be a futuristic one. There was a part in the movie where the person had received a phone call, but the phone was actually surgically inside their hand/palm. They could talk to it and hear through it, but the amazing was the video chat. When he put his hand up against the glass, a little mini hologram like screen came up on the glass, make it a portable screen which honestly looked awesome. I wanted to incorporate this within one of my concepts. This is a futuristic idea, and I'm not all keen on the fact of getting a phone to be placed inside my hand, but this can be easily replaced by maybe a glove? Or a little device that sticks onto the glass. When putting it upon the glass, a little screen pops up next to your hand, with a map of the campus. Of course it's going to be interactive so you could enter in your location and destination and it'll guide you through the way, plus if you get stuck just find a piece of glass and search again. I took the original image from Total Recall and photoshopped my own with the map and glass in it. 

Total Recall style glass hologram map, being screened from hand cellphone or glove.Images retrieved from -
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Du4c1wF3cQs/TrAjgtNObcI/AAAAAAAABVs/cbBuEi7kXaQ/s1600/arkadentu6z.jpg
http://peraves.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/totalrecallt2012railer_monotracer_2.png
http://customize.org/thumbnails/larger/79775.jpg
Image photoshopped by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment